If you would like to rent a piano from Manila Pianos Inc. you must agree to the following:
- The renter must provide insurance for the piano while in renter's possession Proof of insurance and payment must be supplied prior to delivery.
- The renter is responsible for the full commercial value of the rented piano(s) and in the event of fire, theft, destruction, total loss or damages of any nature Manila Pianos Inc. needs full reimbursement.
- The piano shall not be moved to a different address from the delivery address indicated by the renter without a written consent from us. For corporate rentals we require the name of an individual guarantor.
- We do not rent pianos for any outdoor or tent events.
- If we have any cost for legal procedures, the renter will be required to reimburse us for these costs.
2. Care and Maintenance by the Renter
For maintaining the piano or grand piano in good structural and functional state, the Renter must avoid:
- placing the grand piano in direct sunlight
- placing the grand piano near a heat source (the distance should be a minimum of two metres)
- placing the grand piano against an external wall if it is poorly insulated
If the Renter does not comply with the maintenance instructions herein, the Renter will be responsible for the cost of damages (except from wear due to normal use) incurred to the piano or grand piano. Damages will be evaluated according to the procedure described in section 3 of this document.
3. Renter's Responsibility
The Renter is responsible for full commercial value for a grand piano or for an upright piano in the event of fire, theft, destruction, total loss or damages of any nature, except from wear due to normal use.
In cases of fire, theft, destruction and total loss, the Renter will reimburse the Manila Pianos Inc. for the commercial value of the piano as indicated above.
In case of theft or total loss, ManilaPianos Inc. is not required to lend a replacement piano to the Renter nor refund pre-paid monies for the rental period.
In case of damages to the piano or grand piano, the Renter will have to reimburse Manila Pianos Inc. for all damages.
4. Piano Return and Damage Evaluation
At the end of the rental period, the rental instrument must be returned to (or picked up by) the Manila Pianos Inc. in the same condition as it was received (except for wear due to normal use).
All damages (except for wear due to normal use) will be paid for by the Renter. These damages, as evaluated by a piano technician chosen by ManilaPianos Inc, are to be paid immediately after this evaluation has been submitted to the Renter.
5. Ownership of the rental piano
Manila Pianos Inc. maintains full ownership of the rented piano or grand piano . It is understood that the Renter will not sell it, will not mortgage it and will not get rid of it in any way.
The piano shall not be moved to a different address from the delivery address indicated by the Renter without a written consent from the Company. Any moving of the grand piano without a written authorization will immediately cancel the present rental agreement. If a piano needs moving we reserve first right to move it for a reasonable price. If these terms are not met Manila Pianos Inc. may reposess the piano or grand piano immediately without any compensation, nor any reimbursement of any nature to the Renter and the latter will be responsible for all damages (except for normal wear).
6. Rental Fees and Deposit for Damages
All rental fees and additional fees will have to be paid in full in advance of the rental before we can confirm the rental date. Deposit for damages (refundable) may be required for first time applicants.
The agreement will be updated from time to time, last updated November 2014